Win a 10-night safari to Zimbabwe for 4 people!
(THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED)
Thank you to readers for 25 years of support!
We’re hugely grateful for the support we have received since launching Travel Africa in 1997. To celebrate our 25th anniversary, we offered Travel Africa community members the opportunity to win this great safari to Zimbabwe, where our story began. We’re indebted to our friends at all the participating partners in this competition, among the leading operators in Zimbabwe, for offering this exceptional safari, worth over $12,000.
• THE PRIZE DRAW TOOK PLACE ON 20 SEPTEMBER 2023 AND THE PROMOTION IS NOW CLOSED.
• All Travel Africa magazine subscribers on that date will receive three entries
• All Shamwari email newsletter subscribers on that date will receive one entry
Scroll down to read full details of the prize and participating partners…
3 nights for 4 people at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, Victoria Falls
This 72-room lodge is located just 4km from the Victoria Falls, with a renowned view over a wildlife-rich waterhole — convenient for all your Falls activities, yet giving you that ‘being in the bush’ vibe. One of Travel Africa’s longest supporters, since issue 2, we love ‘Saf Lodge’, visiting it whenever we can, particularly enjoying sundowners and breakfast looking out for animals. Excellent rooms, great views, friendly vibe and food options including The Boma Dinner & Drum Show. Also check out the Vulture Culture Experience at 1pm each day.
Your prize: 2 waterhole-facing rooms on a bed and breakfast basis. Normal hotel terms apply. Visit their website
3 nights for 4 people at Somalisa Camp, Hwange National Park
African Bush Camps, founded by the inspiring Beks Ndlovu, have worked with Travel Africa since they founded, launching Somalisa in one of the most prolific wildlife areas of Hwange. The company is one of the region’s most respected operators, providing high quality accommodation and an excellent safari experience, while supporting the African Bush Camps Foundation and various conservation initiatives. A family visit to Somalisa a few years ago remains one of our most treasured holidays, with lions and elephants regularly passing through camp.
Your prize: 3 nights for 4 people (max 2 rooms), all-inclusive (including meals, some drinks and activities). See their normal conditions for inclusions and exclusions. Cannot be used in August or September. Visit their website
3 nights for 4 people (2 rooms) at Amalinda Lodge, Matobo Hills National Park
Having grown up rambling around these tumbling kopjes and valleys, Matobo Hills is our happy place, a truly special, dramatic, almost spiritual, home which we believe should be on every Zimbabwean itinerary. Amalinda is the premier lodge in the region, built into the rocks and oozing character. A truly unique base from which to explore Matopos, walking with rhinos, discovering rock art, and learning about the historical significance of the area.
Your prize: 3 nights for 4 people (2 rooms), including meals and conservation levy. Excludes activities, drinks, wi-fi and personal items such as laundry. Visit their website
Plus: 1 night at Traveller’s Guest Lodge, Bulawayo
You can’t not spend a night in our hometown, checking out the museums, Khami Ruins and other places of interest. Nestled in the leafy suburbs, Traveller’s is a homely guest house that will be the perfect base for your exploration.
Your prize: One night for four people (2 rooms), with dinner, bed and breakfast included. No activities included. Visit their website
Road transfers and all bookings provided by Africa Travel Tours
We’ve used Africa Travel Tours for our ground arrangements on a couple of trips and have been well impressed: highly efficient, really friendly, quality vehicles and superb service. The company has a fleet of minibuses and run road transfers and general tours around Zimbabwe and neighbouring countries. The team will provide all your road transfers through this trip, and will manage all the bookings, so they will be your primary contact in setting up the itinerary at your convenience, organising any extras etc. We’ll connect you with them and they’ll sort the rest!
Your prize: Road transfers between all locations, and all on-the-ground bookings and reservations when pulling together the itinerary. They can organise any additional activities and bookings you might like. Visit their website
How to enter the competition
This prize was drawn on 20 September 2023, and the competition is now closed.
To enter the draw, you need to be a Travel Africa magazine subscriber (print or digital) and/or be on our Shamwari email newsletter on the draw date.
Travel Africa magazine subscribers (print and/or digital) will receive three entries each.
If you currently subscribe and your subscription will be valid up to and including issue #101, you will be automatically entered into the draw, and there is no need for you to do anything. If your subscription expires with issue #100 or sooner, you will need to renew or extend your subscription before September 20, 2023, in order to be entered.
Shamwari email recipients will receive one entry each.
If you already receive our Shamwari email newsletters, you will be automatically entered into the draw, and there is no need for you to do anything (provided you don’t unsubscribe before September 20, 2023).
(If you are a magazine subscriber and you are on the email list, you will receive four entries)
Travel Africa magazine subscribers (print and/or digital) will receive three entries each
If you currently subscribe and your subscription will be valid up to and including issue #101, you will be automatically entered into the draw, and there is no need for you to do anything. If your subscription expires with issue #100 or sooner, you will need to renew or extend your subscription before 20 September 2023, in order to be entered.
Shamwari email recipients will receive one entry each
If you already receive our Shamwari email newsletters, you will be automatically entered into the draw, and there is no need for you to do anything (provided you don’t unsubscribe before 20 September 2023).
(If you are a magazine subscriber and you are on the email list, you will receive four entries)
What’s not included:
This prize covers accommodation and standard inclusions at each property. Unless stated otherwise, it does not include: International flights, Visas, Travel insurance, Health inoculations, National Parks entry fees, Conservation levies, meals and drinks, tips, additional activities and items of a personal nature (ie wi-fi, laundry).
General terms and conditions:
- The draw took place on September 20, 2023, and the competition is now closed.
- All subscribers to Travel Africa magazine or our Shamwari email newsletter will automatically be entered into the draw.
- The winner will be notified directly, and announced on this webpage, in an email newsletter and on our social media.
- Within a week of the draw, the winner will be connected to Africa Travel Tours, with whom all communications about the trip will then be had.
- The winner must be willing to allow us to publish their name in Travel Africa magazine, email newsletter or social media. Only the winner’s name and country of residence will be revealed, and no other personal information disclosed.
- No negotiation or correspondence will be entered into.
- The trip must be taken before the end of November 2024, though it cannot be used in the months of August and September. If not used by this time, it will be forfeited.
- All bookings will be subject to availability at each property.
- The prize cannot be transferred to another person.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other value, and cannot be used at any properties other than those stated in this prize.
- The prize cannot be split into separate trips and must be used on one itinerary.
- In all cases, a maximum of two rooms will be allocated for the prize winners (two rooms sharing, either twin or double). If variations are requested, they will be charged at usual rates (ie outside of this prize).
- The prize vouchers are for a maximum of four people. If fewer people travel, the unused ‘seats’ will be sacrificed and cannot be transferred, held for future use or exchanged for cash or any other value.
- Additional ‘seats’ (ie if 5 or more people wish to travel) can be purchased at rates at the discretion of the suppliers and subject to usual terms and conditions
- Should the winner wish to extend the prize with additional nights or activities (regardless of who these are with), this can be done at applicable rates and under standard terms and conditions for the respective bookings.
- Gecko Publishing Ltd simply provides the gift vouchers from each participating partner, and has no responsibility or liability for any of the travel arrangements and will not get involved in any discussion or bookings relating to the trip.
- The trip will be arranged by Africa Travel Tours, based in Victoria Falls, who will manage all the booking arrangements in line with standard tour operating procedures. Any payments made to them will be done subject to their usual terms and conditions. Similarly, all bookings at individual lodges are done subject to their own terms and conditions, and Gecko Publishing Ltd has no responsibility or liability.
Sign up to our Shamwari newsletter
for exciting travel inspiration!
Sign up to receive additional content, news and travel tips by email. Your email address will be used only for the purpose of sending you our email newsletter and you can unsubscribe at any time.